Friday, July 13, 2012

Super Easy Cheap Dinner

Who doesn't want a super easy inexpensive meal??

I know I am all about easy and inexpensive as long as it's tasty too!  Maybe I should add that in the title, too ;o). 

The Recipe:   ETHEL'S CHICKEN

Who is Ethel?  Well, my Grandma had a friend named Ethel who sold me a solid wood bed set for only $70, but she didn't give me this recipe.  I believe this recipe came from my mother-in-law, who gave it to my husband, who gave it to me.  Where she got the recipe; I don't know? But it's easy and tasty.

Here it is...

1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
4-5 potatoes
5-6 chicken thighs
1/2 cup milk (I don't measure I just pour to the consistency that looks right)
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder

Wash and slice potatoes 1/2 in. thick(no need to peel).  Place in the bottom of a baking dish.  (Use a 9x13x2.  Tonight, I used my one 9x13x2 pan for brownies so I used two smaller dishes.)  Salt and Pepper potatoes.  Place chicken thighs on top.  Mix two condensed soups together with a bit of garlic and milk.  Then pour over the chicken and potatoes.  I like to make sure all the potatoes have some of the soupy goodness on them, so I pour some over the potatoes before adding the chicken.  Top with some more pepper and then bake for 1 hour at 375*.  Voila!  Easy Ethel's Chicken.  I serve this dish with steamed broccoli.


Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment